Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Today

I wrote the previous post actually a few days ago on our family blog. Today has been 'one of those days'! I was determined to be Patient, Motherly and Sweet, despite the hormones. I had to do a 'do over.' I went back upstairs for a fast food break and read Psalm 94. Verses 17-19 were great for me...

17 Unless the Lord had helped me,
I would soon have settled in the silence of the grave.
18 I cried out, “I am slipping!”
but your unfailing love, O Lord, supported me.
19 When doubts filled my mind,
your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. (NLT)




Back downstairs I headed, apologized to my big girls and then did the Christmas crafts and cookies with my 9 treasures. Keeping 9 children ages 11 and under busy and cooperating is quite the challenge for me.

I only have 1 sick today. WOO HOO!

I also read Proverbs 18. I love verse 22. I did not know it was in the Bible until my sweet husband used it to announce our engagement in a chapel service at college 16 1/2 years ago.
He is so romantic. I just love him. Even after all this time...

Well, I forgot to thaw the meat for dinner. How in the world does one scrounge up dinner for 11 in the next few minutes? I am about to find out! Or be eaten by 9 hungry children...


No comments: