Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Overwhelmed?

I had a moment around September when I thought I was becoming overwhelmed. I had many, many things on my plate. I thought....

Just having a child with a life threatening illness is enough.
Just having a learning disabled child is enough.
Just being a pastor's wife is enough.
Just having six children is enough.
Just homeschooling is enough.
Just cooking and cleaning is enough.
Did I mention laundry?

I thought I should be overwhelmed.

So... God gave me 3 more children.
Lot's of exciting behavior issues.
I learned how to treat pediculus humanus.
I had more laundry.
And they all got sick. Three times.
They all slept through the night...maybe three times.

Now that I am back to just 7, it seems quite manageable.
I thought God's little lesson was pretty ingenious.
It worked for me. I should not have wavered in my faith.
God NEVER gives us more than we can handle.

I learned I have to be wise and disciplined with my sleep and time.

It's hard to go to bed at night...the house is finally quiet! Yet I pay a great price the next day if I do not! Remember my quote from Ben Franklin? I forgot it over the summer..."early to bed, early to rise..."

Well. There's my great epiphany.

No comments: